A brief history of the Sacred Heart Seminary has been provided by our own Kev
"The Missionary Fathers of the Pious Society of St. Charles started this seminary
in 1935 in the rectory of Santa Maria Addolarata Parish in Chicago. The school moved to Melrose Park
the following year and built Bishop Scalabrini Hall in 1944, which housed dormitories, a gym, music rooms, recreation rooms, and offices.
Sacred Heart Seminary was founded to train priests from
sons of American families that were of Catholic Italian lineage, accepting only those students that wanted to
be a priest or brother. The school had a four-year high school, two-year college, two-year philosophy school, and four-year
More information on Sacred Heart Seminary can be found at the following web address: http://www.lib.niu.edu/1999/iht629936.html . We are not certain of the exact year that Sacred Heart Seminary closed.