St. Pius V Commercial High School was opened by the Sisters of Charity BVM in
1894 in St. Pius V Parish, named for the 16th Century Pope. The school offered a one-year commercial course the first year,
then added the second year in 1895. Commercial law courses were offered at St. Pius V, which made it different from other
commercial schools in Chicago.
As of 1945, the school was a two-year school for those who wished to be secretaries but didn't
want to complete the course in four years. Very little is known beyond that point, except that the Archdiocese of Chicago's
Archives & Research Center states that the school closed in 1969.