Beginning in 1941, the Secor School was only an elementary school. In 1948 Secor merged with El Paso Community
Unit Dist. 375. With this change, only the first 6 grades remained in the Secor School. Seventh and eighth grade
students were transported by bus to El Paso. Due to crowded conditions at the time, the seventh grade was reopened in
Secor in 1954. ."
Secor High School served the community for about four decades, probably a little longer. The school building continued
to serve the El Paso District into the 1980s until it was decided to close it with all students attending
classes in El Paso. The former school gymnasium building serves as a community center for the town of Secor.
Secor High School Quick Facts
Year brick HS building built: 1906
Year HS closed:
El Paso School DIstrict
Secor HS team nickname: unavailable
Secor team colors: unavailable
School Fight Song: