The town grew so quickly that a school building was needed in the early 1930s. A grade school /
high school building was constructed and put into full usage in 1931. The high school at that time was a three year high school.
The building was considered a marvel of its day. Like most small three-year high schools of the day, Robbs High School
closed in the lae 1940s, possibly 1948. We believe after the Robbs HS was cosed, the children were bused to nearby Golconda
to continue their education. Robbs eventually joined several other small school districts in Pope County
to create the Pope County School District in 1971. The high school was located in the county seat, Golconda, where it remains
The original Robbs high school building is still standing. It is known that Robbs Grade
School was closed in 1971.
Robbs High School Quick Facts
late 1940s (1948?)
School nickname: at first
- the "Tigers", later - the "Hornets"
School colors: at
first - Blue & Orange, later - Maroon & White
School Fight Song: unavailable