The following information on the former Hettick High School was provided to us by April Connolly
as told by her father:
"The original Hettick High School building was torn down. The
"new" school building was constructed in 1931. (That is a date over the front entrace to the building.) Hettick High School consolidated into the Northwestern School District with Palmyra, Modesto and Scottville in 1948. The Hettick building was used as a grade
school, as were the school buildings in Palmyra, Modesto and Scottville, until 1972 when the Northwestern
Elementary School building was constructed. The building was then used as "Quad City Recreational
Center" for basketball, volleyball and softball from the mid 70s to mid 80s."
Hettick High School Quick Facts
Year closed: 1948
Consolidated to: Northwestern School
School nickname: the "Hawks"
School colors: Black
School Fight Song: unavailable